top of page

Donate in Your Favorite Way

Financial

kawica-stewart-3wcfuygszjU-unsplash.jpg

Visit our GuideStar page here for more information

Did you know...

a gift of $60 will sponsor one backpack for an entire month.

A one-time gift of $600 will sponsor one backpack for an entire school year!

You may mail a donation to this address:

Bremerton Backpack Brigade

P.O. Box 2533

Bremerton, WA 98310

Or donate via PayPal:

PayPal ButtonPayPal Button

Food Items

donation-boxes-with-canned-food-illustration-freshly-prepared-food-packaged-sealed-jars-he

The Bremerton Backpack Brigade fills each Backpack with kid-friendly, shelf-stable food, including fresh fruit and vegetables. 

 

It costs $12 to $16 per week to fill each backpack.

 

Food drives throughout the community provide approximately 35% of the non-perishable foods that we send home. The other 65% of food sent home (including fresh produce) is purchased with dollars donated from our community supporters.

You can donate directly to the pantry through our Amazon Wishlist

If you would like to donate food items, please choose from the list below:

                                                                                               

Canned protein (tuna, chicken, Spam, Vienna sausages, etc)

Dried beans, lentils, peas 

Canned meals (ravioli, Spaghetti-Os, Chili, Hearty Soups)
Helper meals 
Mac & cheese, Pasta/Rice mixes
Potatoes
Pastas and rice
Canned sauces

Powered sauces/dressings
Cornbread/biscuit mixes
Cereal/Oatmeal  

Canned vegetables and fruit

Canned beans (black, pinto, refried)
Peanut butter/Seed butter (for nut allergies)   Jelly/Jam

Pancake mix/Syrup   
Pudding/Jello mixes
Applesauce/yogurt pouches

Fruit snack cups
Jiffy muffin/cake/brownie mixes
Ramen noodles
Tortillas (flour or corn)
Snacks (Granola Bars, fruit chews, nuts, raisins, popcorn, cookies, crackers, etc.)

Staples (flour, sugar, oil, salt, pepper, mayo, mustard, ketchup)
Ziplock bags (quart and gallon)

 

 For the safety of our students no glass jars are permitted in backpacks

Food can also be donated locally and one of our community partners listed below

Kitsap Habitat Store  

Mon-Sat 9am to 6pm

3451 Wheaton Way

Bremerton, WA 98310

 

St. Paul's Episcopal Church  

Mon-Wed 10am to 2pm

700 Callahan Dr.

Bremerton, WA 98310

 

Bremerton United Methodist Church  

Mon-Thurs  9am to 1 pm

1150 Marine Drive

Bremerton, WA 98312

 

Thank you for providing a space for Bremerton Backpack Brigade in your establishment!

bottom of page